Who Are We?
We are coaches.
We have been incredibly lucky to work with creative geniuses like Ken Burns and Jay Chiat, great leaders like General Colin Powell and Coach Mike Krzyzewski, and legendary entrepreneurs like Steve Jobs from Apple and Dave Thomas of Wendy's. We bring lessons learned from them to help you innovate.
We are experienced.
We have launched everything from Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center Discharge Care to Medtronic Spine Devices to the Apple App Store to the Nissan LEAF. And we've helped scores of start-ups and small companies get their first customers and begin their innovation journey. We will show you the critical mistakes innovators make and how to avoid them.
We are builders.
We are Design Thinkers, Iterative Prototypers, Agile Developers, Storytellers and experts at defeating the Devil's Advocate. We are skilled as solution architects, software developers, visual designers, data miners, ethnographers, and a whole lot more. We leverage these skills to help you build working prototypes of your ideas.
We are teachers.
We have taught at some of the best institutions in the country:
- Duke University - Innovation & Entrepreneurship Practice
- Stanford University - Hasso-Plattner Institute of Design
- Syracuse University - Whittman School of Management
- Georgia Tech - Enterprise Innovation Institute
We know how to communicate to help you understand the what, why and how of innovation.
We are here for you.
Innovation is hard. But you don't need to go it alone. Use us as experienced guides to avoid the crucial mistakes most innovators make and instead turn your idea into reality in 90 days.
What We Believe:
Innovation must solve big problems.
- Leverage existing infrastructure to create your MVP; emphasis on minimum.
- Experiment, learn, and revise. Then repeat the process to strip out risk.
- Most things in the world are complex; be simple.
Innovation must be human-centric.
- Identify and get to deeply understand the "why" not just the "what" of behavior.
- Observe anomolies to unearth key insights, then invite people to collaborate.
- Collaboration is the key to reducing risk and amplifying reward.
Innovation is perishable.
- Remain relevant by constantly refreshing and adding more value.
- Make yourself indispensible to your customers continuously meeting new needs.
- No one buys sameness; you can only selling meaningful differentiation.